EMPIRE BAY DRIVE INTERSECTION UPGRADE
Client:ROADS AND MARITIME SERVICES
Service:Review of environmental factors, concept design, detailed design, construction staging, utilities relocation, tender and construction documentation.
Empire Bay Drive carries approximately 25,000 vehicles per day and experiences heavy congestion during peak periods. The intersection with Scenic Road and Cochrone Street was identified as requiring improved traffic efficiency and travel time. The project involved upgrading the existing roundabout and the north and south approaches from one lane to two lanes.
The project included land acquisition, property adjustments, extensive utility relocation, road and drainage works, and urban design and landscaping.
AT&L was engaged to develop and document the project, including:
- Preparation of a review of environmental factors, including all specialist studies (flooding, bio-diversity, noise, construction impacts)
- Concept design and cost estimates
- Detailed design and cost estimates
- Construction staging and utility relocation strategy and design
- Preparation of tender and construction documentation (GC21 contract, request for tenders, tender schedules, customised RMS construction specifications)